Repeat Prescription Telephone Line
Please note that as of 3rd February 2020, we will no longer accept repeat prescription requests via our telephone lines. This is for Patient safety reasons.
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered by:
- Email via: email@example.com
- Online – SystmOnline (Available 24 hours a day via mobile app, tablet or PC)
- Through a Pharmacy: please discuss with your chosen Pharmacy.
- In person using your prescription slip.
- Via Post
We require 2 working days from the time you order your medication to collecting your prescription or medication from the Pharmacy.
We are keen to ensure that patients with ongoing medical problems are monitored regularly. If the date for your next review with a doctor or nurse has passed you will be asked to make an appointment.
You need to register to use our online repeat prescription ordering service and this is best done in person at the surgery. To request your medication online you will need a username and password. Please come into the surgery and bring along proof of your identity (e.g driving licence, passport etc) and fill in the form provided.
Please note that this service is not available to patients aged 13-16.
In addition the Practice now has the facility to offer electronic prescriptions. This means that the Doctor can send the prescription to the place that you choose to get your medicines or appliances from.
- This means that you don’t have to come to the surgery to collect your prescription.
- You have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop
- The GP, nurse or pharmacist will not generally give you a prescription for over the counter medicines for a range of short-term, minor health concerns.
- Instead over the counter medicines are available to buy in a pharmacy or supermarket in your local community.
- Your local Pharmacy can offer clinical advice for minor health concerns.