Logging in to SystmOnline
To use the SystmOnline service, you will need to call in to the surgery to request a user name and password. You cannot register for this service online because your identity needs to be verified. Once a member of staff has given you a user name and a random password, wait an hour before trying to log in to the website.
This practice currently offers the facility for patients:
- To book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
- To order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances
- To view online, export or print summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions
- To view online, export or print detailed coded information in their own records
We will publicise and promote our online services to our practice’s patients through the practice website, posters and the Patient Participation Group.
Patients who already have an account will need to complete a second registration form to apply for online access to details coded information.
We want to get better at communicating with our patients. We want to make sure you can read and understand the information we send you. If you find it hard to read our letters or if you need someone to support you at your appointments, please let us know. We want to know if you need information in braille, large print or easy read. We want to know if you need a British Sign Language interpreter or advocate. We want to know if we can support you to lipread or use a hearing aid or communication tool. Please tell the receptionist when you book your next appointment, or call us on 01325 481321.Thank you.
If you have an account please click below to login.
Enter your user name and password and click Login.
If you have been granted access to other SystmOnline accounts, you will see a list of usernames you can choose to log in as. Click Login As This Person to choose the account you want to use.
You will then see the SystmOnline Home Page, which shows your details and your GP practice’s contact details at the top.
You can navigate to all the online services from here, and can return to the Home Page by clicking Home in the blue menu bar, or by clicking the Back button on any page.
Managing Repeat Prescriptions with SystmOnline
Click the Current Prescriptions link on the Home Page, or the Current Prescriptions button on the main menu bar.
All current repeat prescriptions are listed with the drug, dosage, quantity, last issued date and status. An empty tick box in the left-hand column means you can ask for a new prescription for that drug.
To request a repeat prescription:
- Select the drug by ticking the box in the left-hand column. If the item you require is not listed or if you need to include further information with your request, type the details into the Medication Request Notes field. When providing this information, you should bear in mind that it may be visible to all practice staff.
- Click Request Medication. The Medication Order Summary is displayed, stating that a request has been sent to the practice to re-prescribe the item(s), and that the prescription will be ready for collection in two working days (after 2pm).
- Click Return to Current Medication to return to the Current Prescriptions page where the status of the drug will show that it has been requested.
Managing Appointments with SystmOnline
You will be able to see up to five past appointments and all future appointments. You will also be able to book and cancel appointments.
Viewing Past/Future Appointments
Click the View Past Appointments/View Future Appointments link on the Home Page, or click the Past Appointments/Future Appointments button on the main menu bar.
This page shows the date, day, start and end time of past appointments as well as the location, clinician and booking status, e.g. ‘Booked’.
Click Details to see the full address and any special instructions, e.g. ‘Please remember to bring your medication.’
To print these details, click Print.
Booking an Appointment
Click the Book Appointment link on the Home Page or the Book Appointment button on the main menu bar.
The page displayed shows details of all the sessions at the surgery that are available for online booking. The table shows the date an appointment is available, the earliest and latest slot times, as well as the location, clinician and session type.
For appointments more than two weeks in advance, a drop-down list will be available for you to select dates further in the future. Select an option from the list and click Show.
Click View Available Appts at the end of the row for the session you require.
A list of appointments is displayed showing the appointment type, start and end time, and duration of the appointment. The most useful columns for you are ‘Start Time’ and ‘End Time’.
Click Book at the end of the row for the appointment you require.
Check the details of the appointment. If appropriate, enter the reason for your appointment in the Reason field, e.g. Blood Pressure check. This will help practice staff to prepare for your appointment. Bear in mind, however, that any information you enter may be visible to all practice staff and not just to the clinician you are going to see.
To continue without booking the appointment, click Cancel.
To confirm the appointment, click Book Appointment. The appointment is confirmed.
To print the details, click Print. Otherwise, click Back or any other menu option.
Cancelling an Appointment
To cancel an appointment:
- Go to the the Future Appointments page and click the Cancel Appointment button relating to the appropriate appointment.
- Check the appointment details and click Cancel this appointment.
- To continue without cancelling the appointment, click Back or any other menu option; otherwise, click Close
NECS have produced a number of e-learning videos to support patients when using GP Online Services. The videos have been completed for TPP SystmOne and are device specific. They contain infromation about:
- Logging in and changing details
- Appointments – Booking and Cancelling
- Prescriptions – Ordering
To access the videos click on a relevant link below:
Play list for IOS devices (Apple)
Play list for Android Devices
Play list for Windows devices