This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

 Whinfield Medical Practice
national health service

Whinfield Medical Practice

Whinbush Way
County Durham
Tel: 01325 481321

What do you do in the event of an EMERGENCY?

If you have a severe injury or a serious accident, you should call: 999


Severe injuries will be dealt with in the accident and emergency unit (A&E) at Darlington Memorial Hospital, Hollyhurst Road, Darlington, Telephone: 01325 380100

The A&E unit is not an alternative to your GP. Don't go to A&E because your own doctor can't see you straight away. Using A&E inappropriately for minor problems may prevent others with life threatening conditions from getting immediate care.


You should call 999  when someone has a serious injury or illness such as:

  • Chest pains
  • Breathing difficulties
  • Has collapsed
  • Is unconscious
  • Has severe trauma
  • Severe pain and bleeding
  • Serious road traffic accident

Choose font size: A A A


Total visitors:571701 | Disclaimer